VSLA Fall Conference
Connect with your colleagues, learn and share!
Saturday, October 17
Thatcher Brook Primary School
High St., Waterbury, Vermont
9 am - 3 pm
Registration Fee: $20 (including lunch)
6 hours of Continuing Education Credits
9:00 VSLA updates
Session One: AASL Best Apps & Websites for Teaching & Learning
Presenter: Linda McSweeney
AASL’s’ Best Apps’ and ‘Best Websites’ lists for 2015 together represent 50 fabulous tools for teaching and learning. Bring your own device (laptop, chromebook, or tablet for a fun and collaborative exploration of these nationally recognized resources.
11 - Noon Unconference: Learning from each other
- Are you leveraging social media in creative ways to promote your program?
- Have you successfully collaborated with teachers around CCSS or NGSS?
- Are you passionate about picture books?
- What hi or low tech maker space activities are you using?
- Want to brainstorm Red Clover or DCF or GMBA possibilities with colleagues?
1- 3 PM Session Two: Ditching Dewey Presenter: Nancy Daigle
Three years ago I asked my students "have you ever tried to find a book in the library and been unsuccessful?" 100% said "yes” I explored options and discovered METIS. In this session learn why METIS is more developmentally appropriate for your youngest students and how it can transform your library.